The Center for Academic Services (CAS) of Walailak University congratulations the research team of “the Research and Development for the Restoration and Improvement of Blue Swimming Crab Fishery that Links to International Standard (Fishery Improvement Program: FIP) in Bandon Bay, Surat Thani Province”. This project has been selected as the 2nd place Outstanding Agricultural Research Project for the year 2023.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Amonsak Sawusdee, CAS director, as the project leader, received the certificate from Mr. Chavalit Chookajorn, Chairman of Board Committees of the Agricultural Research Development (ARDA), during the celebration of the 20th anniversary of ARDA within the conference and research showcase under the theme “AgriTech and Innovation (Moving Forward : From Local to Global), held on November 21, 2023, at Exhibition Hall 5 of the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (QSNCC).
The project has many successful outcomes, including:
– Elevating FIP from C level (2017) to A level (2018-2023)
– Increasing resources of aquatic animals in nature from blue crab resource management
– Increasing the catch of local and commercial fishermen
– Announcing the shelter of the nursery for aquatic animals
– Suggesting guidelines for creating a blue swimming crab bank, suitable blue swimming crab release points, and management of the appropriate ecosystem for the continuous and sustainable recovery of blue crab resources.
This project is carried out through the collaboration of various organizations (public and private sectors) and interdisciplinary integration in the fields of science and technology, genetics, fisheries, oceanography, social sciences, and economics. The main goal is to elevate the development of Thailand’s fisheries.