Smile Clinic: The Promotion of Good Mental Health Services and Providing Psychiatry Support to Walailak University Students and Staff
“The Smile clinic” is a branch of Smile & Smart Clinic. Collaborators, including teachers, staff, and accomplices from the school of nursing, aim to create a system for assisting and developing nursing students, to have analytical thinking competencies on the quality of WU NURSE, possess the skills to be 21st-century youth, able to live as well as to learn effectively and to be happy to their full potential.
The Smile clinic has objectives such as assisting the adaptation, mental health& psychiatric, and aftercare for free. So, there are 6 events of assistance and mental health promotion
- 1. Free mental health advising is available to all students, staff, and ordinary people (Psychotherapy patients)
- 2. Developing courses and workshops of strong mental health for students and general people including Love Language & Psychological Approach course, Experiential Learning, and Positive Youth Development and Coaching for youth, school, organization, and community by Professional coach
- 3. Integration learning by school of nursing course Developing nursing students to be guest speakers (Youth Activist) for building up Junior Master Trainer that take the knowledge from the classroom to share others
- 4. Creating case conference for improving staff ability (2 Times/Term)
- 5. Creating guidelines of mental health assistance
- 6. Funds establishment of Psychotherapy patients “Funds of Pun-Suk for Psychotherapy patients” All objectives are giving chance and well-being to Psychotherapy patients, career establishment, skills, values, income, self-sufficiency, and funds contact for support, volunteer, or patient corporation.
From the event operation, it impacted the participants such as students, staff, and general people that have a mental problem. Also, it could reach the mental health supporting as well as receiving inhibition of psychopath.
In 2021, the Smile clinic, the school of nursing collaborated with the Smile & Smart Center, the Division of Student Support and Development, and the relevant departments within Walailak University. The goal is to be a consultant in developing innovative works of 4th year nursing students on the “Phuean Klai Jai,” the website for mental health assessment. In addition, educating about depression is a space for exchanging discussions between friends, brothers and sisters, and teacher in the School of Nursing.
Goal 3: Good Health and Well Being
Goal 4: Quality Education
Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals