WU supports the start-up of sustainable businesses in communities
Walailak University places importance on supporting knowledge, technology, and finance for sustainable start-up businesses in the local community. The university, thus, establishes the Walailak Business Incubation Center (WIC), Science and Technology Park, responsible for supporting the creation of new entrepreneurs (start-up) and product development through science and technology. The center also provides services for entrepreneurs from the starting an idea (Idea State), developing a prototype (R&D), and bringing the product to market (Market Validation) until the product can actually be brought to the market.
The WIC provides assistance and services to those local entrepreneurs including:
- Training and workshops with specialists from government and private sectors regarding entrepreneurship, marketing planning, accounting and finance, and legal and business registration
- Being a member of entrepreneur networks at the provincial and national levels
- Business consultants and specialists in specific fields
- Facilities such as offices, meeting rooms, and high-speed Internet in the area
- Researchers and experts in product and packaging development
- Science and technology laboratory of Walailak University
- Funding sources from government and private agencies
In 2021, 38 entrepreneurs participated in the business incubator program organized by Walailak University. 50% of the entrepreneurs were in processed food, followed by agricultural products (15%), IT products (11.7%), processed vegetables and fruits (8.3%), cosmetics (8.3%), and herbs (6.7%).
To see more information, please visit